31.8.10

Mustard

P1050289

Recently I have been putting a intense amount of effort in to creating a regular sketchbook routine, reeling out random images like a maniac. I am kind of sporadic in the planning stages of creating work and would rather just dive straight in to a final creation. But eventually ideas become limited and production becomes stale. So I decided to produce monthly (slowly becoming bimonthly) sketchbooks, filling every page with rough, unfocussed, terrible drawings which are extremely enjoyable to make!There was no concurrent or intentional theme to the drawings and titles but over time unconscious themes and ideas emerged. A lot of feathers, fighting, warriors and flooding. A long haired lady graced the pages and two cold country, balaclava wearing characters joined her, spontaneously  designated the title Mustard and Milk. Who knows what deep and dark chasm of my mind that came from. Well here is Mustard in a larger and significantly more detailed form.

From here I think there may well be an expansion in these strange characters background stories maybe leading me to write a fantastical folksy story to accompany them. There is a tickle in the back of my mind to create some sort of zine for them. But first Milk must be brought forward in to life. Also I have been working on my ladies:

P1050296
P1050298
P1050293

Pen on 10 x 10 inches 300 gsm watercolour paper. As always accompanied with heavy weight on their shoulders and minds.

I have also recently acquired a sewing machine in my life with results of experimentation being shown here soon. Hopefully in a good way!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...