For a few months now I have been experimenting with my sketchbook methods. I have shelves of half finished books beginning with drawings and ending in the middle with lists of confusion. It is then tossed aside when i find a new one to use due to my compulsive addiction to bookshops and craft shops. So i decided to challenge my self with the trial of finishing a sketchbook. Starting on a small scale using little soft cover moleskins i decided i would finish one each month. The drawings were allowed to be quick and terrible. There was no judgement in these secret little scraps of paper. Using a random nonsensical poetic title to motivate each drawing it turned out to be an easier task than i thought, providing a vessel for all my mental gibberish. I’ve picked some of the best from the two completed months. Sadly July was an utter failure but travelling and new cameras are extremely distracting!
There are lots more at my flickr page so have a look!
No comments:
Post a Comment