26.10.11

Painting and progress

With a few on going projects and zines taking up the majority of my small attention span I sometimes forget to dig out my paints and just enjoy making something, anything.

After the paint set was dusted (it’s been that long!) and prepared I decided to make a little study of my progress and technique. I always love seeing this on other artists websites and blogs. Seeing peoples different techniques is inspiring especially if they are infinitely more complicated than my own simple process. A great example is the videos of artist Agnes Cesile’s paintings in progress. Here is one on my scrapbook of a tumblr.

*

blog p1

*

blog p2blog p3 by samantha dolan

*

blog p5 by samantha dolanblog p6 by samantha dolan

*

blog p7 by samantha dolanblog p8 by samantha dolan

*

blog p9 by samantha dolan

*

And here is the finished product. I might go make another creepy painting since it is October after all!

wandering eyes. by samantha dolan

‘Wandering Eyes’, Watercolour and Coloured Pencil on Board

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...