What began with the drudgery of ruthless hair and the thought of tangled messes blocking out the spaces on a sheet of of clean, blank paper has ended in this follicle filled mess. But it wasn't all created from the vast wasteland of my mind. A month or so ago I watched some of the etsy success symposium. I was reminded of this recently when I was trying to find new techniques to inspire me and motivate the creative process. Although unfortunately I cant find it now, one of the videos involved generating creative energy. Aside from being quite entertaining it involved an example of this genius technique in which you draw/ photograph/ write/ make/ glue 10(or more) ideas or examples of an object or idea in 20 minutes. For me it was the idea of hairy ladies and animals clashing and conjoining which resulted 10 terribly drawn but hopeful ideas 20 minutes later. The above is one of the results a few drafts later. So if your mind is feeling a bit stale, set your stopwatch to the time limit, think of that object and go……….
Done? As well as unravelling the tricky nature of creativity, I spent some time recently revamping my website for a less confusing browse at my work. So if you have a minute head over to www.samanthadolan.co.uk.
No comments:
Post a Comment