8.2.11

The Past Always Creeps Up.

I’m Sick, I’m sore! Work and play have halted for the time being till my body stops doing alien things. So have a trip down a dusty memory lane with me. Today I rediscovered a very old and neglected deviant art profile. It really never got off the ground and I think I’ll keep it hidden but I came across some old paintings from many, many moons ago!

reaction_to_a_dream_

‘Reaction to a Dream’ Oil on Canvas, 2008

animal_crisis

‘Animal Crisis’ Oil on canvas, 2007

The first painting includes a wonderful lady who creates wonderful lino prints in the real world and the second is a slightly scary portrait of me when I was a little girl. Both are the results of youthful and hopeful experimentation of art school. I have to say that my career as a serious and brilliant surrealist painter a la Frida Kahlo didn't bloom in to life but these little gems aren’t completely horrendous( Especially compared to some other dubious experimentation that shall remain hidden from sight.). I might even be looking slyly at the box of oil paint on the shelf over there…….

All will be back to normal soon….updated, healthy and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...